Yes it’s another cake – but a no-cook cake.
I bought some Irish Cream liqueur from Aldi for St Patrick’s Day (which doesn’t taste just as smooth as the original, but when it’s €3.99 a bottle versus well… what’s a gal to do? So I’ve been trying to use it up in other things.
This was originally based on a recipe from the BBC’s Website that I made with what I had going and it would be even faster to make if i had a food processor but unfortunately I had to hand-smash all the biscuits in a bag, which after a long day at work you think might be in some way theraputic, but not today.
I was too late to make it to the english shop to buy digestive biscuits, so I bought some “caramel biscuits” that have a similar “grainey” consistancy.
My late-night cheesecake recipie is as follows:
- half a stick of butter, melted and added to a bowl full of
- most of a packet of digestive-esqe biscuits (ground into crumbs)
Press this biscuitey mix into a cake tin and leave it in the fridge for at least one hour, I’m leaving mine in until morning and then I will mix and add the filling shortly before going to work.
- 2 packs of full-fat cream cheese
- 1 tub of quark
- a slosh of Irish Cream Liqueur of your choice to make it a little stirrable
- a slosh of milk to make it more stirrable
- a chopped up 70% chocolate bar into “chocolate chips”
Mix the filling together and spread onto the crust in the tin after it has cooled in the fridge.
dusting of cocoa powder