I’m just back after a lovely relaxing camping weekend near the German region of the “Wendland” famous for its storks. This is where we were. The campsite was a little loud at night but very friendly and the best bit was across the road from the place and down a little was an almost private beach (shown in the photo). We had a barbecue there and watched little jumping fish in the river Elbe and the sun set.
I love camping because of the good air, beautiful scenery and I actually really like lying so flat on my back at night (I feel it does my back good) and being so close to nature.
I always seem to organise my trips so last minute that it means that I accidentally end up spending money that I didn’t have to… so I’ve put together a list of things that I like to bring with me camping.
Household and Clothing
- 2 sleeping bags
- 2 air mattresses
- 2 cushions
- 1x big blanket in case it’s cold
- 2x microfibre towels
- toothbrushes, toothpaste, travel bottle of baby wash
- flipflops (for the shower)
- S-hooks for hanging stuff up on the inside of the tent (like jackets/shoes)
- Cloth Scarves
- Food and Drink
- Always bring a bit more food than you think you’ll need ;)
- Breakfast for us is normally waffles and jam and bread
- Dinner for us is usually a bbq and I bring our portable one with some coals etc. but I have previously prepared a curry and rice which can be heated up together in a one-pot gas fire and that works quite well.
- Crisps and biscuits, beer and LOTS of water. I take 2-3 Litres
- If i’m staying in a kind of a log cabin then I also like to bring some teabags too. For the tent it seems like too much effort!
- Knives and forks and paper plates
- Pen-knife and beer opener
Before you go
- Check camping place’s pricelist online, so’s you don’t get caught out and have to pay over the odds.
- Write down the camping ground’s name and address and put it in your bag
That’s all I can think of right now!