Sorry I’m only getting around to this now but thank you to Penny over at “Being Penny Wise” for nominating me for the “Liebster Blog Award” back on the 10th of October (wow I am slow at getting around to things!) It’s sooo nice to see that people read my blog and it’s lovely to get comments and awards – that’s what blogging’s about isn’t it? Sharing and reading and discussions, and finding links on to other bloggers and topics. You should certainly check out her blog and she also has a lot of links to a whole lot of other good stuff too :)
So as part of the “rules” I’ve to answer and pose 11 questions and nominate 11 more people for the Liebster Blog Award…here we go!
1. Why did you start blogging?
Uh oh, prepare for a serious answer! For a while I’ve been a person who focuses way too much on seeking “rewards” based on my work-life and wanted to devote more time to starting new things to find rewarding. When you start a blog, you sort of have to post regularly and this for me has been a good way of making time to think about the things that make me happy (e.g. baking, or thinking about holidays.)
2. What’s been the best thing about 2012?
2012 has been really good to me in terms of balance and stability: I have my guy with me, moved on in my job, an apartment we can stay in as long as we want… life is good :)
3. What are your hopes for 2013?
In 2013 I want to travel as much as possible (hopefully Canada in May 2013!) and relax a lot more.
4. What has been your greatest achievement thus far?
I think independence, that I don’t depend on anyone else and I have a lot of freedom in my life that I had to work very hard for.
5. Have you a favourite recipe/meal?
Maybe my mum’s lasagne with chips and coleslaw :)
6. Do you enjoy the rain?
Only when I have a strong umbrella or am inside tucked up in bed!
7. What’s the strangest thing about you?
I can be fearless about big things in life, but a coward when it comes to small things.
8. If you could have a superpower?
The ability to say “NO” – LOL!
9. Cats or Dogs (or neither)?
Neither, I’m a little bit afraid of strange dogs and cats don’t bother with me at all!
10. What web browser do you use?
Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
11. Are you a hot and spicy flavours or subtle country flavours person?
I like subtle flavours, like that each item just tastes like itself.
Below are my nominated blogs, and as Penny said that it’s good to keep the “chain” going because readers can find new blogs by following it back! In any case, thank you to the below bloggers and also to Penny for always giving me lots to read ;)
My questions to you guys would be:
2. Let’s say you win €10,000 ($13,000 approx. ;))- what would you do with it?
3. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been to?
4. Sweet or Savoury?
5. How do you like to relax?
6. What’s the most useful/useless gift you’ve ever received?
7. Do you collect anything?
8. What do you spend most of your money on?
9. What’s your favourite film?
10. Tea or Coffee?
11. What do you like most about yourself?