Something I didn’t mention the last few weeks is that I have been trying to reduce the old spare tyre a little bit and am trying a mixture of freeletics and paleo. The hardest part is that I do my exercise in the morning and it makes Paleo breakfast a bit tight for time, so I thought I might bake a loaf to save me a bit of time. The reason I didn”t make muffins instead is that I have no muffin tray.
- Here was the recipe i muddled to gether from a few different paleo cakes/loaves:
- 1 and 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup oil (I had no coconut oil so I just used sunflower – not paleo but whatever)
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup ground coconut
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 bananas mashed (I think I would take two next time)
Then handfuls of the following from the pantry:
- poppy seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins
- And before it goes into the oven add a quick tablespoon of vinegar (i had japanese rice wine vinegar)
I baked it at 160 C for about 40 mins and it came out more like a dense, moist, slightly sweet loaf.